pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Creating an local archive of subscribed groups?

From: Heinrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Creating an local archive of subscribed groups?
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:17:36 +0200

Am 22.08.2010 18:10, schrieb Jurgen Defurne:
I am a regular user of Pan for some high technical newsgroups.

What I would like is to have the contents of these groups as a local
archive which can be searched using Pan.

I have already tried two ways to do this. The first one was using
'Cache Article' after selecting all articles, but it seems that when
the cache gets beyond a certain size, older cached articles disappear.

I am now trying with 'Save Articles...', but this creates one file,
which cannot be incrementally updated.

What other (simple, preferably) possibilities do there exist, not
necessarily using Pan for storage, but certainly for reading and
searching?

Regards,

Jurgen