pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan just reset itself

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan just reset itself
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:10:22 +0100

On Saturday 21 August 2010, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/20/2010 07:00 PM, Duncan wrote:
> > But that doesn't explain the missing servers.
>
> This is my home box, not my laptop.  It had been working fine for
> several days.  Also, when I accidentally open it twice, I normally see
> two instances on the task bar.  Something hiccuped, that's all.

I've had this happen before too.

*Before* you close either instance of Pan, check that ~/.pan2/servers.xml is
still intact.  If it is, make a backup of it now.  If not, you'll need to
re-add your server details.

Now close Pan and copy the servers backup file back to ~/.pan2/servers.xml and
you should find everything is back to normal.

It seems that a second instance of Pan manages to screp up servers.xml so that
next time you open Pan it acts as though it's the first ever run giving the
impression that you just lost everything.

My problems began when my mouse was playing up so a left click often produced
a double click causing Pan to load twice.

Always keep a backup of servers.xml.

--
Dave