pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Multipart Binaries Bug - When Will It Be Fixed?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Multipart Binaries Bug - When Will It Be Fixed?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 23:32:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:48:10 +0000, Graham Todd wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 12:33:44 -0800
> walt <address@hidden> uttered these
> words:
>
>> The closest thing to an 'official' (beta) repo at the moment is:
>>
>> git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2.git
>>
>> which is maintained by K.Haley, pan's volunteer coder.  Several bugs
>> have been fixed in recent months, multi-part binaries included.
> [snipped]
>
> Has this yet been  compiled into a .deb binary?  Or has this issue of
> multipart binaries been fixed in the debian repositories?

I really don't know, but I'd be surprised if it has.  Your example photo
from a.b.p.w displays normally on my git version of pan, so that's at least
one bug that's been fixed by K.Haley (thanks!).

> Sorry to be so pernickerty but compiling from the git repositories is
> just not working for me.....

There are several of us here who can probably talk you through the steps
if you give us enough information.  Depends on your attitude towards bugs,
though.  If you enjoy hunting down bugs, you'll enjoy compiling pan. If
you just want it to work out of the box, maybe you should encourage your
distro devs to pick up the patches from git and fix it for you.  No problem
either way.