pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] I have problems with some binary postings using yEnc

From: john wendel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] I have problems with some binary postings using yEnc
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 10:29:49 -0800

On 01/03/2010 10:05 AM, john wendel wrote:
On 01/02/2010 09:48 PM, SciFi wrote:

Hi,

My build of Pan here is having extreme difficulties with binary
postings that
are in yEnc format but not marked on the Subject line as such.

[snip]

Thank you for any help.

Just a data point. I download "LOTS" of binaries the are yenc encoded,
but don't have "yEnc" in the subject. I've never encountered this
problem. I'm using Pan version 1.33 from Fedora, which is known to have
other bugs.

I haven't tried to download the broken post yet, but I'll try and report
back.

Regards,

John

Just another data point. What is a filetype ".tp", some sort of video capture? File is 1.6 GB in a single file with no PAR/PAR2 error recovery. Looks like a post by an idiot. With 6746 messages, there are bound to be some missing. Attempting to download now.

Regards,

John