pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:28:40 -0800

On 12/31/2009 02:58 PM, Scott Pettigrew wrote:
I feel completely stupid asking this - but I've searched a bit to no avail -

How does one compile the version in the git repository mentioned earlier?

The same way you would compile the pan tarball downloaded from rebelbase.com.
The basics are explained at the bottom of this web page:
http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/

I cloned K.Haley's git repo like this:

cd /home/walter/src
git clone git://github.com/lostcoder/pan2.git
cd pan2
sh autogen.sh --prefix=/home/walter  (this means I want pan installed in ~)
make all install

If you don't normally compile source code, your biggest problem will be to
get all of the needed developer's tools on your machine in the first place.
You will be seeing "file not found" until you do.  You can ask here for
help when you run into the problem.