pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan

From: Graham Todd
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Many Binaries Cannot Be Shown In Pan
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 20:57:31 +0000

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 14:24:04 -0500
John Aldrich <address@hidden> uttered these words:

> Hmm... could be because of punctuation in the file name??? Does it
> work with "simple" file names? What happens if you *save* the file
> and then try to view it with some other app, do you see the picture
> or does it give you an error?
[snipped]

Thanks for your help and reply!

I haven't tried "simple" file names option....but you know what? I can
save the attachment through Pan's own save option and it shows up in
nautilus as an individual thumbnail, and you can open it in other image
viewers.  I didn't think to check that.

But I like to preview binaries before I save them (and often they have
names unlike their content so I can't tell what they are).  For binary
newsgroups, I might just as well use a binary downloader and check the
downloads in nautilus rather than Pan.

Why is this behaviour seen in Pan?

--
Graham Todd