pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that sh

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:10:12 -0800

On 12/26/2009 01:48 PM, K. Haley wrote:
On 12/26/2009 8:24 AM, walt wrote:
OTOH, if anyone could explain this diagram to me, I'd be grateful:
http://github.com/lostcoder/pan2/network

Well, there's a blog that tries to explain the graph, so I'll go read
that before I tear my hair out.

Basically that graph is their version of `gitk --all`.  Each horizontal
line is a branch.  Each dot is a commit.  The master&  testing labels
show the current positions of the master and testing branches.  The
diagonal lines show merges between branches.

Good, I think I'm up to speed now on that part, thanks.

The red and blue branch
lines are not labeled because those branches only exist in my repo.

This is where I get confused. Is your own repo not identical to the one
on github.com?  If not, how does github.com know about those red and
blue branches in the first place?

I appreciate your help with pan -- if you don't have time to give us
git lessons in addition, don't bother to reply.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!