pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that sh

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: The "no-break-space" problem, aka "blank" posts, that shouldn't be
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:33:58 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan posted on Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:20:53 +0000 as excerpted:

> K. Haley posted on Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:44:04 -0700 as excerpted:
>
>> [Duncan wrote]
>>
>>> Does anybody else get frustrated with "blank" posts, that shouldn't
>>> be?
>>>
>> Duncan, see if the current testing branch fixes the problem.  I believe
>> the issue was the line wrap code assuming that all spaces were only one
>> utf-8 char wide.  The non-breaking space is two 0xc2a0.  The new code
>> should not only fix that but support the non-breaking part as well.
>
> I just updated and recompiled today.  By the testing branch, you mean
> master on your repo?  Or?

Well, either you meant a different branch/repo, or the fix didn't work.
I just verified with the post mentioned in the thread origin.  I suspect
the former (I'm testing the wrong branch/repo) because as I said, I saw
no commitlog entry mentioning the problem, looking at git whatchanged.

So awaiting a more precise pointer to the branch/repo in question...