pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] OT: nzb or group searching or ??

From: Travis
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] OT: nzb or group searching or ??
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:36:04 -0800

From: "vr" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 6:27 PM
To: <address@hidden>
Subject: [Pan-users] OT: nzb or group searching or ??

Please excuse these off-topic bits but since knowledgeable usenet veterans
lurk here I figured it worth a shot.

I've tried bin search dot com a number of times and usually come up short
with some of the heavily populated groups, many millions of headers in some
cases!

My usenet provider is Giganews and to my knowledge doesn't offer server
side indexing. I am wondering what other folks here are doing to locate
content quickly without expending days to pull down those headers, only to
choke on them at the client?

We have FiOS 25/15 so it takes no time at all to download a huge bunch of headers. It is necessary to limit the total number at one time so as not to choke Pan.
Then it is just a matter of skimming quickly through the headers.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington