pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: OT: calling all old-timers -- using * for attributions

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: OT: calling all old-timers -- using * for attributions
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:46:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:47:51 +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:

> My usenet use goes back to about 1992, with approx ten yrs BBSing prior
> and I don't recall seeing it on Fido, or any other fido type network,
> either.

I was thinking this was possible, but perhaps it could've been something
before FidoNet, like some of the old Citadel-style BBS' or from that era.

My first exposure to USENET was through a custom-developed BBS package
used by a company called Exchange Data (I don't *think* I used it before
then, but I could be wrong - my memory isn't what it once was) back in
the early/mid 80's, and I don't recall seeing this type of attribution
style there.

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson