pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: So, what's left before 1.0?
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:03:43 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Sun, 01 Nov 2009 12:25:00 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Thursday 29 October 2009, Charles Sullivan wrote:
>>  I guess the primary interest
>> of most PAN users is downloading binary files.
>
> That surprises me!  I don't use Pan for binaries (as someone else also
> mentioned)  Maybe it's because it didn't used to be very good at it.  Is
> it good now?
>
> Personally, I use klibido for binaries and Pan for text.  Each is better
> than the other at what it does best ;-)

pan is, in general, as good as klibido at downloading now -- but without
all the detailed reporting klibido has.

Meanwhile, you're a klibido user, and I used it for awhile but that was
some time ago, when klibido was still very immature and limited in terms
of filtering, etc.

Does klibido have reasonable filtering (or even scoring) now?

And the biggest question, has it been ported to kde4 or is it in the
process of being ported?  Because I no longer have kde3 (or qt3) on my
system at all.  If klibido isn't being ported, that's a huge shame, as
it's a great program, but I'll admit I've not as much as looked at it in
several years, so I haven't the foggiest what the current status is.

I've always thought I'd get back into binaries and when I did, try
klibido again, but I've been thinking that for... two and a half years at
least now.  Whether I'll actually ever do it, who can say?  Maybe I'm
growing beyond that stage in my life, much as I eventually grew beyond
scifi... I still enjoy it, I just have other stuff that pretty much took
the time it used to occupy...