pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: What have I done??

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: What have I done??
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 04:43:15 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:26:58 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 01:08:03 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>> Well stated... and you didn't even take the hundred lines or so to do
>> it I likely would have.  =:^)
>
> LOL
>
> It's an odd thing for me, because usually I'd have taken 200 lines to
> say it. ;-)

Ahhh, but I see that had either of us actually done that 100+ line post,
we'd have probably included the necessary detail that it's the match
scores of -9999 ignored option, the /first/ time around. =:^)

Which if you're anything like me, is why you tend to such long posts in
the first place.  Any time you go for the brief/short version, there
quickly proves to be some missing detail, that takes one or more
additional rounds of posts to work out... =:^(  So by the process of
negative reinforcement, we quickly find ourselves back at 100+ line posts
again!

Of course, from what I've observed, the folks that never do those long
posts in the first place aren't held to the same standards, because
nobody expects them to have the detail.  But once you start, lookout,
because now it's expected! =:^0