pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Here's something weird....

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Here's something weird....
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 14:50:34 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:59:03 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Duncan posted on Thu, 01 Oct 2009 04:48:52 +0000 as excerpted:
>
>> What about accel remapping?  Have you tried that?
>
> So I explained the how, but didn't finish the why.  I'm not sure whether
> this will work or not, with alternative keyboard layouts such as dvorak,
> but it's worth a try.  And it should be possible to remap it regardless
> of whether it's using the dvorak layout or not.  IOW, if it thinks i is
> g, remap i to next-group or whatever; if it understand g is g, then map
> g to it.  Either way, it should work, you just have to setup the mapping
> correctly.

The problem is twofold:

1.  The accel seems to pick up both layouts when either is active (ie,
"g" in the QWERTY layout goes to the next group with unread items, but so
does "u" - which is where the "g" key is on a Dvorak layout).

2.  When I open a new reply/post window, the layout switches back to
QWERTY regardless of which is active.

I don't know that changing the accel remapping is going to address issue
#2, and with #1 it's really weird because Pan picks up both layouts.

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson