pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Advice on other lists
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 03:18:53 -0500

On 2009-08-26 02:41, Chris Metzler wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:43:22 -0500

On 2009-08-25 10:01, Duncan wrote:
[snip]
But if it's all there on the MP3 player, there's no need to worry
about trying to decide just /what/ to copy over, and then finding
you're in a totally different mood, and it's the /wrong/ thing for
your new mood, when you're on your trip and don't have access to
just go grab something else.
However did we survive in the eras of CDs, cassette tapes, 8-track tapes, transistor radios, or before?

Why should that matter?  However did we survive in the era of the horse
and buggy?

All of this is about convenience.  I have over 4,000 CDs.  A
high-storage player matters a lot to me, too, for the reason above:
the higher the capacity, the more likely I am to have with me what I
want when I want it.  Of *course* that's simply convenience, and of
course I could get by without it.  But if I don't have to forego that
convenience, why in the world should I want to?

Doing without exactly what you want, exactly when you want it, is *not* the end of the world...

http://www.ted.com/talks/joachim_de_posada_says_don_t_eat_the_marshmallow_yet.html

--
Obsession with "preserving cultural heritage" is a racist impediment
to moral, physical and intellectual progress.