pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Another small update

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Another small update
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:13:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:04:49 -0600, K. Haley wrote:

> This time I've rewritten the way pan handles multiparts for viewing. The
> old code didn't do so well if the messages were a mix of mime & uu/yenc
> data.  It also works around a bug in g_mime_multipart_insert.  I have
> not looked at the uulib code.  Also, the actual decoding is handled by
> gmime.
>
> By the way, my server does not handle muiltiparts so I had to create a
> test program and some fake multiparts to test the code.  I don't know
> for certain if it actually works with the multiparts.

Alas, only the first part of a multipart is visible.  But one significant
change (for me, anyway) is that I can now see the first part of a multipart
jpeg that was completely invisible before your new commit.  (For more info
see the thread 'Error saving large JPEG image' from about a week ago.)

Thanks very much for working on this.

(BTW, there are plenty of news providers who offer free trials, if you
need a new server for testing.)