pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan acting weird

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan acting weird
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:38:57 -0700

On 07/28/2009 06:39 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
On 07/28/2009 walt wrote:
Yes, but will future posts show up correctly as unread? I'm guessing they
will. I don't know of any way to restore the old state once the file gets
corrupted because information (in the technical sense of the word) is
lost
in the accident.

No, they didn't. Maybe I should delete the file, let it rebuild from
scratch, then resort the headers by date? That way, I could mark all
older posts as read and start fresh?

Yes, that will work also, but you'll need to do the same with every group
you follow.

As an alternative you can edit your newsrc-1 to reset just the two groups
affected.

Look for the group name and modify it to remove the article numbers from
the end of the line:

gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user: 0-11229

becomes:

gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user!