pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes

From: Gary
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:42:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:44:39 +0100, Steve Davies wrote:

> Are you both running the same 0.133 build? The latest git-based Win32
> build (090727) includes significantly newer libraries than the vanilla
> 0.133 build. This may be either fixing or breaking themes.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Steve

I did not have any GTK apps on my PC so I first installed
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/gtk2-
runtime-2.16.4-2009-07-08-ash.exe?download and the themes found at http://
downloads.sourceforge.net/gtk-win/gtk2-themes-2008-10-22-ash.exe?download.

Next I downloaded PAN from
http://paninstall.googlepages.com/pan-0.133.git090727.exe and installed
it.    Next I exited Pan and changed my theme using the GTK2 theme selector.
Restarted Pan and it had
no effect.

This AM I uninstalled everything and started from scratch.  I installed GTK,
then the themes and next
installed Pan.  Changing themes still has no effect.  :-/

The only odd thing, if you can call it that, is that whenever I make a change
and save it in the theme
selector it prompts me asking if I want to overwrite my .gtk2rc-2.0 file but I
suspect that is normal.

Oh, one last thing.  The GTK installer asked me where I wanted to install the
dll's, in either the bin or lib
dir.  It defaulted to bin so I went with that.  I uninstalled and tried
selecting the lib dir, still cannot get Pan
to use the selected theme....