pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:58:11 +0000 (UTC)

Bernt Hansson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 27 Mar 2009
11:56:08 +0100:

>> I don't know what news server software it's running,
>
> 200 news.motzarella.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.0 (rc1 version)
>
> INN

INN.  OK, that shouldn't be too bad.  Does INN do index but don't
immediately cache low-use groups like leafnode can?  Maybe Gerald L's
suggestion is correct, those are low-use groups that just need someone to
ask for them a bit, and they'll be cached a day or two later?

>> but that sounds a
>> lot like some of the problems highwinds-media, the outsourced provider
>> Cox (my ISP) is using, has had.
>
> Highwinds-media is running typhoon

Well, typhoon is one of several of their products, the one they usually
run on the front-ends, AFAIK.  But it doesn't seem to be what motzerella
is running, so no use discussing it further here.