pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE

From: Alan Meyer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: server priority and completeless : EXAMPLE
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:46:45 -0700 (PDT)

Beartooth wrote:

>     I just tried to post to rec.guns, asking the location of the FAQ
> -- there used to be a routine message with its location. I thought I
> could check about binaries.
>
>     I tried three different posting profiles, all with the Motzarella
> server, and got two different error messages. Twice it told me "no such
> group", and once it told

I think you just found the problem.

It sure looks like Motzarella dropped the group.  Pan has cached
the newsrc and still shows it as a Motzarella group.  If you tell
it to re-download the groups I suspect your newsgroup will be
gone from the list.

Perhaps the group was considered too politically incorrect?

Now, as you like to say, I'll duck and cover so as not to hear
any choice expletives you may be aiming at the world right now.

    Alan