pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Any way to control download speed?

From: Kurt Schilling
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Any way to control download speed?
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 19:21:35 -0500

Rick Barry wrote:
> PAN pretty much eats up all my download bandwidth when downloading a binary.
> Is there any way to control the speed at which PAN downloads? I am using PAN
> 0.132 on Ubuntu 8.04

The only thing that comes to mind would be to limit the number of
connexions to the server. Perhaps reducing that to 1 connexion? How many
conexxions are you currently using? As I recall some servers will place
a limit on the number of conexxions that you can use.

But as far as controlling the speed at which PAN downloads, that is up
to your ISP and TOS. There are Windows based applications that can
throttle back your bandwidth. You might check with the folks at the
Ubuntu forums or Alt.OS.Linux.Ubuntu for distribution specific applications.

Cheers,
Kurt Steinhauser