pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: compile ?

From: Phil Grundig
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: compile ?
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 22:46:39 +0000 (GMT)

Good advice.

In the meantime:

Download and burn a cd from the latest Damnsmalllinux iso.
Boot from the cd preferably with the toram and dma boot options.
If already connected to a broadband modem you will already be on the net.
Install the gtk2-2.12.9.uci extension from the MyDSL browser (or one of the
other gtk2 extensions).
Install my pan-0.133 uci extension the same way.
Launch pan.
Configure your servers.
Happy usenet.

Whose says you can't be ahead of Ubuntu applications-wise with an old 2.4.31
kernel and even older glibc6?