pan-users

[Pan-users] performance ...

From: wim . delvaux
Subject: [Pan-users] performance ...
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 04:27:04 +0100

I have a quad core with 4 GB of memory running kubunty hardy.

I do follow a large set of newsgroups with lots of articles.

it seems to me that PAN could use some performance tuning.  I cannot believe
that it take so long to sort some 1000000 articles.  It are just strings ?

Sometimes, while switching between groups, Pan eats about 80% CPU for 15-30
seconds, effectively eating up my PC. Also it used about 1GB of non-shared
memory.

?