pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Purging headers

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Purging headers
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 23:03:57 -0800

On 12/05/2008 Duncan wrote:
I don't know... I think I'd /choose/ to find it amusing.

I did, when I was a small child. I learned very quickly, that if I didn't insist on having my name used properly, children, being children, would use the other form. As I don't like any of those other forms, my only recorse was to exercise my right to decide what form of my name was to be used, and not to accept being called by something, such as "Jeff" which is not, in fact, related to my name.

I consider it good manners to call people by the form of their name that they prefer, and never, knowingly, offend that way. I also expect others to do the same for me.

Now that that's out of the way, I still need to know how to edit my .newsrec so that I can read news again.

--
Joe Zeff
If you can't play with words, what good are they?