pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Purging headers

From: CSV4ME2
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Purging headers
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:18:02 +0100

On Friday 05 December 2008, Joe Zeff wrote:
> My news server went down and I had to change to a different server at
> that service.  Alas, the servers use different article numbers.  (It's
> cheap; what do you expect?)  Their tech support tells me that I'll have
> to purge the headers to get things working again.  How do I do this,
> without ending up with hundreds of old messages marked unread, or will I
> just have to play with it after I'm done?

Jeff

Read message nr's are stored in the ~/,pan2/newsrc-1 file.
So, if those nr's change the content of that file is invalidated.
You'll have to remove ALL headers from ALL groups you're subscribed to,
unfortunately.

- Use "Delete Selected Groups' Articles"  for that.
- Refresh the group list as well.
- Reload all your subcribed groups

Hope this helps.