pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: update on freeze, high CPU getting new headers: GNOM

From: Zan Lynx
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: update on freeze, high CPU getting new headers: GNOME!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:00:54 -0700

alistair wrote:
> XFCE works a treat so that is what I will stick with for now (actually
> did not realise just how slow Gnome had got!!).

I blame it on all those little Gnome daemons.  Every program has to talk
to every other program before it can get anything done.

Sometimes it has to launch a new one or wait for one to come out of swap
space, because you know, if you haven't used gvfsd for a while the
kernel shoves it into a corner to make more room if you get low.

Pan is always refreshing to watch because after launching it, it just
*STARTS*.  Immediately.
--
Zan Lynx
address@hidden

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."