pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ : xterm font size -- aaarrrgghhh ...

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ : xterm font size -- aaarrrgghhh ...
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 18:12:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 13:40:53 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> All I want to do is make whatever font it has about five to seven
> times the size it is now -- as big as I can resize its window to
> accommodate -- and let that become the default...

Maybe this will sound familiar ;o)

Add this flag to your xterm command line:  -fn 9x15

The 'fn' means font-name as opposed to 'fs' which means font-size,
and that may be confusing at first glance, but 9x15 really is the
name as well as the size.   I use that particular font because I
find it easy on my eyes.  Your taste may differ, but it's a place
to start, anyway.

I also add -sb to the command line, which adds a scrollbar.  xterm
does suffer from creeping featuritis but lots of the features are
pretty nifty.  It's also much faster than gnome-terminal if you're
doing something that prints massive amounts of text to the terminal,
e.g. compiling a big program.