pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Save by date...

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Save by date...
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:42:48 +0000 (UTC)

Beso <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:12:49 +0200:

> 2008/8/29 Alexander Solano
> <address@hidden>:
>> Hi! Not quite sure this is the place where I should be asking this...
>>
>> I've seen the option to save by group name (%g %G), but for the life of
>> me I cannot find an option to save articles by date. Is that even
>> possible?
>>
>> I'm sure I'm missing something very simple, but I'm a big noob!
>>
> when you chose the option to save you get 3 options to chose the order
> in which you download:
>
> order in queue by date, order on top of the queue, order at the end of
> the queue.

If I'm reading him right, Beso, he's wanting to put articles in a
directory by date, just as you can by newsgroup (see the save-as dialog,
help button and dialog).

As I answered him, I don't believe that's possible, but it's certainly
possible to use the filesystem's date functionality to see when a file
was saved, and order the files by that date.

Still, I find it more useful to download to cache and save off directly
to the files final sorted location, rather than saving to some newsgroup
name directly but presumably temporarily, until one can sort thru the
list later.