pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files

From: Andreia Gaita
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on linux: nzb download do not save any files
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:48:21 +0100

On 8/28/08, Beso <address@hidden> wrote:
> the problem with pan is that if the nzb contains parts that are
>  incomplete it will not decode that part or, even worse, would stop
>  downloading that incomplete part in the download queue without an
>  option  to save the downloaded articles. in this way if par2 would
>  have been able to recover the incomplete parts it might happen that
>  the recovery blocks would not be enough to recover the pan downloaded
>  stuff.

Ah, yes, you're right, I didn't remember that little detail. What I
usually do in these cases is grep the cache directory for the name of
the file that is incomplete, and yydecode -b to get the file. For
instance, if the filename was xpto.rar, I'd do:

grep -l "xpto.rar"|xargs yydecode -b -D /output/path

andreia gaita