pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Humongous bodacious goof

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Humongous bodacious goof
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:31:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:19:35 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> There are two ways to fix this:
>
> 1) Ignore the scorefile, use pan to fix it.

        I'm in process of trying that. I took the precaution of emailing
your post to myself, so that I can keep it on one workspace and pan on
another, and click back & forth -- fortunately, as will appear.

> 1a) Set view, header pane, match scores of -9999 (ignored), and all the
> posts should reappear.

        OK

> 1b) Select a post you want to /undo/ the score on, and select articles,
> edit article's watch/ignore score.

        OK

> 1c) Remove the offending score.  Hit close and rescore, watch the scores
> all go back to normal.

        Not so OK : bug buddy generated a report, and Pan crashed. Where
do I send the report?

> 1d) Don't forget to reverse step 1 again, toggling the match ignored
> back off, or you'll still be matching them for other posts you actually
> /wanted/ ignored.
>

> 2) Find the scorefile and delete the score there, then trigger a
> rescore.
        [...]
> Personally, I'd do the latter, editing the scorefile myself, but then I
> have it nicely organized and would be afraid pan would screw it up if I
> told it to delete something.  Since you don't know where it is, you
> obviously haven't spent much time manually organizing it, and using pan
> to remove the score will likely be simpler for you.

        Makes a lot of sense. But meseems I might could oughtta (I love
triple subjunctives!) go take a look at those other files, since I don't
know yet what the bug is, nor how bad.

        Many thanks!

Fedora 7, 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3