pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before Ma

From: Maurice
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Old Pan: Cannot see newsgroup 'read' items before March 11
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:46:49 +0100

On Wednesday 13 August 2008 22:11:01 Duncan wrote:

> I'm not quite clear on what you mean, whether it's the post bodies or the
> overviews/headers you can't see.

  Sorry, I should have been more specific.

  Because I first started using Pan during my dial-up days, I always
downloaded both headers and bodies of postings, and have continued to do so.

  So I don't depend on what is or isn't still on the server.

  What I don't understand is where all the earlier headers/bodies that I
downloaded have gone to - i.e. those earlier than 4/2008, although - as I
said - there is at last one newsgroup that is still showing copies of
postings in 2007.

  Does (old) Pan delete them from my PC, or does it just stop showing them
after a certain number, or what?

  (I still have copies of all *my* postings going back to earlier years...)

--
/\/\aurice