pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:52:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 31 May 2008 15:59:25 +0000, Ben Bullock wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008 11:13:22 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
>
>> I've just installed and started using Pan.  For the most part, I like
>> it, but there are a few, minor issues.  The most obvious one has to do
>> with the signature.  If I tell it to use a text file, it sends the
>> location of the file, not the contents.  (Oddly enough, I see the
>> contents in the compose window.)  If I tell it to use a command, it
>> runs the command twice, giving me a doubled sig.  At least I can see
>> this in the compose window and correct it, but it'd be nicer if I
>> didn't have to.
>
> There is a bug in the source code whereby a function called
> "apply_profile" in pan/gui/post-ui.cc is called twice. I solved the
> problem by commenting out one of the function calls, on about line 1550:
>
> //  apply_profile ();
>
> This solved the doubled signature problem.

I wonder if we are using different sources because I don't see a duplicate
call there in post-ui.cc from svn and I can't reproduce the bug:

  // apply the profiles
  update_profile_combobox ();
  apply_profile ();                <------ line 46

  // set focus to the first non-populated widget
  if (!grab) {
    const char * cpch (gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY(_subject_entry)));
    if (!cpch || !*cpch)
      grab = _subject_entry;

Is the above code different from yours?