pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Compiling and running pan on OS X Leopard
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----

Actually, I gave it a shot and was able to install pan onto my Slaveryware box
fairly easily!  I couldn't believe it, but I guess things just work when your
OS is a certified Unix.  It took some time tracking down all the dependencies
but the entire process was pretty straightforward.  It basically consisted of
downloading GTK+, Pango, FreeType, Cairo, etc. and then issuing the
"./configure; make; sudo make install" litany for each one.  I honestly
couldn't believe how easy it was.  The trickiest part was getting libJPEG
installed correctly; you apparently have to issue a separate "make install
headers" command to install the header files, and then I had to manually place
the libJPEG.a library into /usr/local/lib (if memory serves) for some reason.

Pan runs great on the new system and is oh so fast!

Jeff