pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:36:36 +0200

On Saturday 29 March 2008 22:00:35 Duncan wrote:
> Wouldn't this be a pan implementation, not external, so therefore
> should be quotes not angle-brackets?  Like so (and is the relative
> path still correct in that case?):
>
> +  #include "pan/general/glib-compat.h"

If you do it this way, the relative path is incorrect. You'd end up
with something like this:

#include "../../glib-compat.h"

And that's really ugly ...

> Otherwise, when upgrading it's likely to try to use the existing
> "system" header file instead of the new one in the upgrade, since it
> believes it to be part of system, not internal to the package being
> compiled, right?

That can happen if you get some variable setting wrong, ie. if the $PWD
the package is built in is not placed before any system files.

If that happens, you will not be able to compile PAN anyway, since the
patch I provided sticks to the coding style that Charles introduced,
ie. it is done this way for other includes already.

-Daniel

PS: So I assume you did not try the patch so far ;)