pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:21:07 +0100

On Friday 28 March 2008 21:11:52 Duncan wrote:
> So now he's looking at doing something with #if (GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION
> == 2 && GLIB_MINOR_VERSION < 16) type hackery, which is more or less
> what I had expected might be needed, only he actually knows enough
> about it to probably pull it off, while I don't.

Attached is a patch that moves all the nice glib includes to
pan/general/glib-compat.h and tries to detect the glib version in
there.

It's compile tested on my glib 2.14 system here. The binary at least
starts and fetches new posts ;)

Duncan, if you could give it a test on your system with glib 2.16 that
would help a lot.

And it's on top of my GCC 4.3 patch. So you might need to adjust it a
bit as you had with the GCC 4.3 patch.

-Daniel