pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?

From: Keith Richie
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Anyone get pan compiling with gcc 4.3 yet?
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:50:25 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 02:36:22 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Keith Richie <address@hidden>
> posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 23 Mar 2008
> 23:24:39 +0000:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 05:01:17 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>>
>>> [see subject]
>>>
>>> I can't.
>
>> Don't know if you've seen this or not. But there is a patch in
>> pan.devel to compile on GCC 4.3.
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.devel/1066
>
> Thanks!
>
> I subscribe to .devel and had seen it, but that was back in December,
> before 4.3 officially came out, I wasn't running the snapshots or betas
> this time, and I had forgotten about the post.  So indeed, thanks for
> pointing it out to me once again!  =8^)
>
> FWIW, based only on a short visual scan, it looks to be doing all the
> right things based on the gcc 4.3 porting doc and my experience so far.
> So even if it doesn't happen to be workable (haven't tried it yet), it
> looks to be headed there.
>
> Now I get to see if I can actually compile again or if the 4.2.x
> breakage I mentioned I ran into when I tried to use it now, breaks the
> 4.3.0 compile as well, after I apply the patch and hopefully get past
> the 4.3 specific stuff... but that'd likely be something broken at my
> end if so.

Upgraded to gcc4.3 today on Arch 64bit. Copy, pasted and applied the
undiluted patch,  everything went well from a fresh svn check out.

I didn't thoroughly test this build out. But I am posting from the
freshly installed package, browsed a few other Gmane lists, thanks to you
btw. I had never heard of Gmane before I read it in one of your posts.