pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:39:53 -0500

Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:09:02 -0500, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> [....]
>> Linus once posted this in the lkml (yeah, even Linus goes OT on
>> occasion;-):
>>
>> alias xterm="xterm -fa andale:size=11:charwidth=10"
>>
>> Rinaldi
>
>       What's lkml?? The Linux Kernel Mailing List that Google finds??
> If so, I better watch out. Kernels are way over my head ....

Yes.

>       Anyway, I tried simply giving that whole alias command, copied
> and pasted, as user. It did help. It got rid of the gray background, and
> enlarged the terminal a little.

You had complained of small fonts.  This was an exercise to show xterms
adaptability.  If more modifications are necessary use Shift+Right or
Left mouse button for menus.

>       So I tried two or three more times, increasing the numbers, up to
> 15 and 14 instead of 11 and 10 -- but didn't see any discernible further
> change.
>
>       What am I missing??

I can't remember what the topic was ;-)

Rinaldi
--
Satellite Safety Tip #14:
        If you see a bright streak in the sky coming at you, duck.