pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: old trouble : can't email -- SOLVED
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 01:49:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:32:43 +0000, Beartooth Sciurivore wrote:

> ... Is it safe to assume there would be some way of putting the extra
> switches, or parameters, or whatever, into the terminal as called from
> pan to expand it then and only then?

Take a look at 'gnome-terminal --help'.  That's usually the first thing
I try when I don't know enough about an application.  If you can't make
anything out of what you see, then you have something to look for in the
man page.

There is a --tab-with-profile=YOURPROFILE that I suspect may be what you
want.  A slight difference with gnome-terminal is that you need to use
single quotes around the alpine command:

gnome-profile --tab-with-profile=YOURPROFILE -e 'alpine -url %s'

You could also try the --window-with-profile if you want to use alpine
in a separate window, etc.