pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ch-ch-ch-ch-changes - headerbar groupPanel

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ch-ch-ch-ch-changes - headerbar groupPanel
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:44:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 16:31:27 -0700, Glenn wrote:

> Upgraded from FC3 to FC8 and it moved me from Pan 0.14.2.91 to Pan
> 0.132. Things have Changed!
>
> One thing I was able to do in the old Pan was to resize the headerbar
> objects (subject,score,Author,lines,date) to hide the unwanted items
> such as score and lines...
>
> Is there a way to reorder the headerbar or remove unwanted columns?

Edit > Preferences > Headers  then uncheck the ones you don't want.
You can also change the order of the columns while you're there.

> ...In the old pan, I was able to select "show only
> subscribed groups". Is there an equivalent in the new version of Pan?

Well, that function is basically what you get when you use the twisty
to collapse the list of 'Other Groups' down to one line.  I think it's
a nifty way to solve the problem.  If you are searching for a group
name with the search box, the 'Other Groups' list automatically expands
and collapses as needed.  I wish I'd thought of it myself :o)  Much more
intuitive than the recent Forte Agent, which I personally find a PITA.