pan-users

[Pan-users] fatal flaw

From: wayne
Subject: [Pan-users] fatal flaw
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 08:53:19 -0500

In my recent upgrade from redhat 9 to fedora 8, I upgraded pan (0.14.2) to
pan2 (Pan 0.132).  I found about a dozen defects from the previous version
that I have been documenting.  None of them were too severe, but now I found
one that is totally unacceptable to me.

When pan is unable to download a file because it is not found on the server,
it is removed from the task list.  I have a flaky news server that sometimes
doesn't know about its own articles on some posts. If I try again later, the
articles will appear.  With the old pan, it would remain in the task list
until I manually delete it.  Now, the tasks are removed, so not only do I
not know that it has not been downloaded, but I cannot re-queue it even if I
knew it failed to download.

Is there any way of having pan not delete failed tasks automatically?

Thanks,

-- Wayne.