pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)

From: Kurt Schilling
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 502 rejected by RADIUS: (no message)
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 17:43:20 -0500

Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> Paul J. Dudley wrote:
>>> Just a thought for you, how many connections are allowed to the
>>> Earthlink newsserver? My local ISP farms out there news to a third
>>> party provider which now limits the number of simultaneous connexions
>>> to their server. I've been denied access many times to the point that
>>> I've subrogated my news reading to a free news server for text only.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kurt
>>  Kurt,
>>
>>  Would you please help me by explaining how I go about the above. Is this
>> something
>> I set up in my news reader ( Pan 0.14.2.91 )? Or do I need to contact
>> earthlink about
>> their server ? The prospect of having to deal with earthlink at all is
>> getting very
>> nerve wracking. 10:45ish - 5pm yesterday, 11:00 - 3:57 (so far) today, and
>> still no
>> resolution. And the latest thing they've dealt me is, please give us 24 - 48
>> hours
>> to investigate - We'll call you .........Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
>>
>>  Sorry 'bout ranting .. I need to take a ride ( or a drink ) and calm down.
>> They've
>> really pushed me to the brink with this problem..
>
> Error 502 means that a server relay or router between you and
> earthlink's primary news server is acting up.  Nothing you can do for
> sure, besides report it.
>
> Rinaldi

It's been a while since I used the old Pan 0.14.2.91. Look for a servers
preferences and see if there is an option for setting the number of
connexions to the server. Under the newer-re-written Pan that feature is
under edit>News Servers> then edit the desired server.

As Rhialto pointed out, perhaps I only implied that the number of
connexions can be problematic. And may not be at all related to your
problem with the 502 authentication.

Cheers,

Kurt