pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Strange new behaviour in 0.132

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Strange new behaviour in 0.132
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:39:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:17:39 +0200, Beso wrote:

> when you're reading a message into a group it is automatically marked as
> read for all the others groups it was crossposted. try seeing also the
> read articles and see that there are articles that you've read or
> deleted previously in another group. i'm running 0.132 for a long time,
> about since it has gotten out and always had this kind of behavior.
> maybe what you see is that the articles are deleted when you delete them
> into another group but i've never experienced something like that.

Yeah, I do have a couple of groups on one server that automatically
crosspost, so I see that behaviour.  The groups in question are groups
where crossposting doesn't happen (like on news.povray.org), and I've
noticed it with more frequency than I did, say, a week ago.

I don't delete articles, I let the automatic expiration handle that.

I also tried resetting the high message counters in some of the groups to
see if that had an affect on this, but so far, it hasn't.

Jim