pan-users

[Pan-users] Saving copies of posts -- gmane ate my post

From: micah
Subject: [Pan-users] Saving copies of posts -- gmane ate my post
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:05:26 +0000 (UTC)

Like a previous poster here, I read news via Gmane (great service) and
Pan. I recently posted something to the postfix-users list, and its been
three days and it hasn't showed up on the list itself.

This typically has to do with not being subscribed to the list, so the
post is sent back to you telling you that you need to subscribe and set
your preferences to "nomail" or something similar (although the postfix-
users list uses majordomo, not mailman, so I need to figure out how to do
that)... Or gmane sends you a message requiring authorization to post.

In this case, I got neither and my post has been lost. This is rather
frustrating because it was a long post with a lot of debugging detail,
and I have no copy of it.

I've searched through the Pan mailing lists and FAQ looking to find out
if Pan saves copies of posts, and I couldn't find anything. I was
expecting something to either be in my .pan2 folder or in my ~/News
folder, but nothing was in either.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to enable to get these saved?

Thanks!
Micah