pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Bug: Using external editor stops background task.

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Bug: Using external editor stops background task.
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:08:54 -0400

SciFi wrote:

> So are we expected to file a bug for each little "action" that
> "stops" everything? meaning to document which actions will stop
> things like this?  Then Charles can pick which one(s) he might
> want to "fix" (more multithreaded code I imagine).

You could probably file one bug/rfe for multi threading but I suspect it
would be marked "WONT FIX", at least for the foreseeable future.

Charles posted his decision to make Pan single threaded back in the
early days of the rewrite.  To date the only forked thread I'm aware of
is done by an incorporated patch provided by a user.  Hint :-)

Rinaldi
--
Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.