pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 02:38:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 23:39:20 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Over on news.povray.org in the povray.binaries.images group, there's a
> message with a subject line "Problem: Finding the elevation range of an
> isosurface relief" (Message-ID is
> <address@hidden>) that doesn't seem to
> read properly in 0.132 (or 0.131 come to think of it) - it's a
> multipart/mixed message type with multiple attachments, but the text
> portion never shows up in the message pane.

Here is the "body" of the message:

--------------030002070204040903040404

High!

During the last months, I experimented with various isosurface
<snip>

Appears to me that the "body" of this post is really the first attachment
of five, the last four being jpegs.  What I do think is a bug:  the first
attachment (which just happens to be text/plain) is not saved along with
the jpegs.

The poster was using IceDove, and per the Debian website:  Icedove is an
unbranded Thunderbird mail client...

I use my own (unbranded) build of Thunderbird as my everyday mail client
and I've not noticed any such oddities in the mail I send with attachments
but I will do some testing to see if I can reproduce this result.  I don't
use Debian any longer so I have no idea what changes they've made to the
Thunderbird code.

I think Duncan is better acquainted with the mime specs than I, so he may
have some thoughts to share.