pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: gmane users, please check gmane.linux.gentoo.project fo

From: Frank Tabor
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: gmane users, please check gmane.linux.gentoo.project for me
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:10:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:09:46 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> gmane.linux.gentoo.project is a new list/newsgroup on gmane.  I've
> subscribed to it but am getting no posts.  As of a few minutes ago when
> I did a telnet troubleshooting session, there were actually 37 posts
> there that should be coming thru, but pan isn't seeing any of them.
> Despite the fact that I'm subscribed and the groups do appear and remain
> in my subscribed list over a pan restart, and the fact that I've
> repeatedly fetched headers (overviews) to try to bring them in,
> newsgroups.xov still has no entry for the group, and pan has created no
> groups/gmane.linux.gentoo.project file at all.  The entry in the
> appropriate newsrc file is as follows:
>
> gmane.linux.gentoo.project: 3,6
>
> and the entry in newsgroups.ynm is:
>
> gmane.linux.gentoo.project:m
>
> Finally, the entry in group-preferences is (local username save path
> obscured for posting):
>
> <group name="gmane.linux.gentoo.project">
>     <string name='character-encoding' value='UTF-8'/> <string
>     name='default-group-save-path' value='<local path'/> <string
>     name='posting-profile' value='lists'/>
>
> and there's no entry in newsgroups.set, tho I'm not sure there would be
> until I actually posted.
>
> If telnet news.gmane.org 119 says there's 37 posts in that group, and I
> can actually pull them up in telnet using either group sequence number
> or message-id, why isn't pan pulling them up?  Surely it's a bug, but
> before I file it, is it specific to my pan (SVN commit 309, about says
> 0.131), or is everybody's pan failing to see anything in that group?

I've got it.  Showing 38 messages.  On Ubuntu.

Newsgroups.xov shows gmane.linux.gentoo.project 38 38 4:38
newsgroups.ynm shows gmane.linux.gentoo.project:m
newsrc shows gmane.linux.gentoo.project: (I haven't marked them read yet.)

Anything else I need to look at?

--
Frank Tabor
Men are superior to women.