pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Supplying parameters to applications

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Supplying parameters to applications
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:20:33 +0000 (UTC)

Lionel B wrote:

> I'd like to set my preferred browser to Opera. The command to open a url
> in a new tab in a running instance of opera is:
>
> opera --remote 'openURL(URL,new-page)'
>
> What should I enter in the Pan Preferences/Application/Web Browser field
> so that it if I click on a link in a message the link's url is supplied as
> the URL parameter for the above command?

AFAIK it's not possible to have text /after/ the URL, but you could always
cheat :-)  Use a shell script like this:

#!/bin/sh
/path/to/opera --remote 'openURL($1,new-page)'

For Pan's preference, just enter the script's path.

HTH,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
E-mail/Jabber: address@hidden | AIM bdesham128 | PGP D676BB9A