pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Save Text, saved short?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Save Text, saved short?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:36:58 +0000 (UTC)

David Kelly <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon,
25 Jun 2007 19:34:26 -0500:

> Has anyone tried using "Save Text" (rather than "Save attachments") then
> using ydecode externally?
>
> Once Upon A Time pan would sometimes have problems reassembling
> multipart attachments which had missing parts. One could "Save Text" and
> while ydecode would often complain about parts being one byte short the
> result was salvageable with par.
>
> The other day I was fiddling around and accidentally downloaded text
> rather than attachments. So fired up ydecode and every single .msg was
> one byte short... according to ydecode. IIRC in the past only *most*
> would be short.
>
> Has anyone else observed the same? Pan 0.131 on FreeBSD 6.2 with the
> yencode package from http://www.yencode.org/

I've done it (but not for awhile, as I've not done binaries in awhile),
but using uudeview, from here: http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/UUDeview/ .
No problems that couldn't be blamed on bad propagation.

(FWIW, I use uudeview with a script I created, called pan-attach-kd, that
hooks into pan's external editor functionality to allow attaching
binaries.  IIRC someone said they could use it with yencode as well, but
I've not tried it.  You can get pan-attach-kd, or the older pan-attach,
more difficult to use but doesn't require kdialog as the -kd version
does, from my website at http://members.cox.net/pu61ic.1inux.dunc4n/ .
Download the script, look at it to see what it does if you wish, set it
executable, and run it from a terminal window with no parameters, for
further instructions.)