pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Weird header pane behaviour in 0.131

From: Per Hedeland
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Weird header pane behaviour in 0.131
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:54:42 +0200 (CEST)

Csv4Me2 <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Monday 28 May 2007 23:36, Per Hedeland wrote:
[unsnip]
>>In this scenario, 0.131 throws up a single article in the header pane
>>immediately and then continues with the header download, and when all
>>headers are downloaded and sorted according to my setting (Subject) and
>>the header pane fully populated (much more than a screenfull), it takes
>>great care to have that first article positioned at the top of the pane
>>view - with the result that it's somewhere arbitrarily down in the
>>middle of the header list instead of at the top where I'd prefer to
>>start reading...

>Saw that too, strange behaviour indeed!
>New pan's engine has stellar performance compared to old pan and that's very
>nice!! But the new user interface is definitely a wee bit less than old pan.
>Charles will work that out eventually, i guess and hope.
>No complaining here about new pan, great stuff.

I'm not complaining, just kindly pointing out areas that could do with
some improvement.:-) I've been using new-pan for something like a year
now, and even contributed a few bugfixes. However this particular issue
would probably take me unreasonably long to track down - seeing that
it's comparatively new, the cause can probably be identified much faster
by someone who knows (or have done) the recent changes...

Anyway, I have to say that I find it increasingly annoying - should I
file a bug report for it, or maybe there already is one?

--Per Hedeland