pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Body pane blank when subjects contain yenc > (/2)

From: SciFi
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Body pane blank when subjects contain yenc > (/2)
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 06:13:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 11 May 2007 02:33:25 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Thu, 10 May 2007 22:03:02 +0000, SciFi wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:04:47 +0000, walt wrote:

>>> Seems to me that the biggest version gap of all is SciFi's pan r255.
>>> I'm up to r276 as of today.
>
>> ...it doesn't suit to report every svn rev that has _not_ been fixed,
>> for brevity.  ;)
>>
>> It might be useful if you please would update that bug with your
>> details so we might have a clue where to go next (I'm stumped, don't
>> know about Charles).
>
> I found a related bug in the uudecode library some months back by
> setting breakpoints in gdb in places in the code which deal with
> multi-parts.
>
> If I could reproduce your bug I would try it again, starting with the
> code in pan/gui/body-pane.cc.  There are several promising candidates
> like
>
> GdkPixbuf* get_pixbuf_from_gmime_part (const GMimePart * part) or
> BodyPane :: append_part (GMimeObject * obj, GtkAllocation * widget_size)
> or
>   // if it's a picture, draw it
>   if (is_image)
>   {
>     GdkPixbuf * original (get_pixbuf_from_gmime_part (part)); .....
>
> and several more.  Seems like one of those places should turn up an
> obvious error when presented with an inline image which doesn't display.

We're already in that area, please look at the bug-report for our results.

> I did need to go back and recompile glib and gtk and gmime with
> debugging symbols before I could make any sense out of any of it.
>
> Sadly, due to my genetically inbred need to pinch pennies, I don't have
> an Apple machine on which I can test my own advice.

I know what you mean.  I did get lucky, tho, or more like an omen
of sorts, that a store had the Dual G5 at a drastic 25% discount
not counting the extra RAM they already installed in it.  ;)
It'll be my last, tho, unless personal circumstances change, and
also Apple decides to ever produce PPC machines again (it's a
requirement that I need bigendian; not going to get into their
politics but I smell something much bigger & sinister than a
falling-out with IBM & Motorola/Freescale...).