pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Possible crash when out of disk space while download

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Possible crash when out of disk space while downloading group headers?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 11:32:11 -0500

CH Low wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply.  I am still downloading from that particular
newsgroup.  It is up to 190,100 articles and still increasing, with
another reportedly 75% to go.  I will update this thread on my results.

Thanks.  If you do get a crash, please try to get a backtrace
as described at http://pan.rebelbase.com/bugs/#backtrace .

However, one thing I notice is that my filesystem space doesn't seem to
decrease as this newsgroup is being downloaded.  The newsgroup does not
appear in .pan2/groups yet so I wonder where it is storing this
information.

In memory.  It saves the overview information in one big burst after
the 'get headers' command finishes.

Charles